I love how these turned out. One ended up breaking right before dinner (sad face) but I'm hoping to keep the other as a memento and maybe hang it up in the house - maybe the kitchen?
DIY Chalkboard Wedding Menu
- Start with a plain mirror. Prep the glass with sand paper to roughen the surface - this will help the paint to stick.
- Paint at least two coats of chalkboard paint. This is different from chalk paint so be sure to read the label. Do the first coat with vertical strokes. Wait 30 minutes-1 hour. Paint the second coat with horizontal strokes.
- Use chalk paint to cover the border. Use at least 2-3 coats as desired. Wait at least 30 minutes between each coat.
- Use Dark Wax to seal the chalk paint and give a more weathered look
- Write your wedding info, menus, etc. - whatever you want! - using a chalk marker.